Fundraiser Benefits N.C. Triangle's Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
May 17, 2015

KBR Building Group’s Research Triangle Park (N.C.) office held a BBQ Plate Fundraiser on May 13 to benefit the local Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. A number of employees participated by pre-selling lunch plates to area businesses, subcontractors, owners, architects and friends. The group sold 175 plates — raising over $700 for the cause. This is an annual event for the RTP office. Over the past six years, they have raised a cumulative total of more than $10,000.

Nancy Bard, Office Manager, said “Our office enjoys hosting this event. While many plates are sent to jobsites, others come and enjoy lunch in the shade of our office parking lot." Nancy added that all contributions remain in the Triangle area of North Carolina — 75 percent of net funds are invested locally to fund education, screening and treatment programs; with the other 25 percent dedicated to research and finding the cure(s) for breast cancer.

Several of our employees will be participating in the ‘Triangle Race for the Cure’ scheduled for June 13 in Raleigh.