KBR Building Group’s RTP (Raleigh Area) Employees Raise Over $3,000 in Support of 2012 Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
June 11, 2012

KBR Building Group’s’ RTP (Raleigh) office recently held its 4th Annual BBQ Plate Fundraiser benefiting the local Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. As in recent years, a number of RTP employees participated and presold lunch plates to area businesses, subcontractors, owners, architects and friends. For the fourth year in a row, the group surpassed their previous year’s record — this year selling 710 plates and raising a total of $3,395! To date, they have raised over $10,000.

“Our office is pleased to be able to host a fun event that connects us with our community and allows us to give back to a cause that affects so many of us.  We will continue to strive to make a difference and are so thankful for everyone who participated,” said Nancy Bard, office manager. “It’s especially rewarding for us to know that all contributions to this worthwhile organization remain in the Triangle area.” Bard noted that 75 percent of net funds are invested locally to fund education, screening and treatment programs; with the other 25 percent dedicated to research and finding the cure(s) for breast cancer.

Three individuals from KBR Building Group, together with four from KBR’s area engineering office, ran or walked in the local “Triangle Race for the Cure.” This year's race took place on Saturday, June 9, at Meredith College in Raleigh.